Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

blackavipowerbi
Regular Visitor

Missing Data

I have imported an excel data to power bi. Trnasforming data is showing everything just fine but, at data board is missing some lines with some data. Can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I see, that is strange

Looking at the bottom of your Power Query window, it does look like you have some blank rows. I don't see why this would be causing the issue you describe but it's worth sorting anyway. If possible, amend your Excel source to set the range of values as a Table (highlight the range that contains data then Insert > Table). Give the table a name to make it easier to spot in Power BI

When you import the data into Power BI, you will be able to select the Table definde above rather than importing the whole sheet. Hopefully this will be a bit cleaner and resolve your issue.

Another thing to double check if you haven't done already is that the data is genuinely missing - when you are in Power BI, sometimes the sort order will change so something that was at the bottom of Power Query isn't at the bottom when it's imported. 

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
satyabrata
Frequent Visitor

Hi There,

i am alos facing this issue, when i am checking in query editor, data is showing. but when close and apply, data is not loading to th edashboard. my sorce in SharePoint Excel File. it si ok in Query editor but absent in tables in Data view.

Can anyone please Help.

mattww
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Do you have a screenshot to show a bit more clearly what you mean?

One thing to bear in mind is that in the Power Query editor, you will only get a preview of 1000 rows, but when you Close and Apply to load the data into your model, that will bring everything . . . so if you anticipate that you have data issues beyond 1000 rows, this could explain some inconsistency

Hello! Acctually the at the data dashboard using filters the missing data is there, but without filter i can´t see the data - please foolow the screenshot:

powerbi1.pngpowerbi2.png

I see, that is strange

Looking at the bottom of your Power Query window, it does look like you have some blank rows. I don't see why this would be causing the issue you describe but it's worth sorting anyway. If possible, amend your Excel source to set the range of values as a Table (highlight the range that contains data then Insert > Table). Give the table a name to make it easier to spot in Power BI

When you import the data into Power BI, you will be able to select the Table definde above rather than importing the whole sheet. Hopefully this will be a bit cleaner and resolve your issue.

Another thing to double check if you haven't done already is that the data is genuinely missing - when you are in Power BI, sometimes the sort order will change so something that was at the bottom of Power Query isn't at the bottom when it's imported. 

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Acctually, didn´t solve my problem. Is showing on data dashboard when i filter, but when i work with the data the dashboards are not showing this data (that appear on filter but do not appear as a list).

Hi @blackavipowerbi , sorry to hear you're still missing data, I'm not too sure what you mean, where are you expecting to see the data and it's not appearing?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.