Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tescobar

Missing Data when Appending

I am having issues appending two data files together. Once I have appended the files, certain columns are missing data. It goes from showing data to just being blank, in different spots throughout the column.

I have read other suggestions to this issue and none have worked for me. I have the October 2018 version of Power BI Desktop. I do not use gateways, nor do I want to.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank youas you can see P2019_09 is just missing data and does not show any amounts, even if it were to be 0.as you can see P2019_09 is just missing data and does not show any amounts, even if it were to be 0.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

With your 2 different tables.  Do both tables have that column?  Usually you get the result you have described when only one of the tables has that particular column.

Yes, both tables do have that column. Its interesting, because the data typically disappears when there should be a value other then 0. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Post some data files and hopefully someone can take a look at it.  My organisations security prevents me from doing so.  Hopefully by posting the data, someone can reproduce the issue and see the cause.

Unfortunately, I am not able to post the data files I am using. Thanks for you input though!!

Hi @tescobar,

Could you please share your M code in power query to me. Did you take other steps? Also you can crete a support ticket for help here.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

I am not using an M code for these columns. They are hard coded from the excel file that I uploaded into Power BI. I have tried to do a support ticket, but it says I need to be a Pro User. I had put in a request for Power BI to call me on Friday so I am waiting for that as well.

Hi @tescobar,

I mean the code in the advanced editor.

2.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Here it is! 

let
Source = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Users\tescobar\Documents\LinkedIn\PowerBI Append\LSS\LSS Consolidated.xlsx"), null, true),
PowerBI_Sheet = Source{[Item="PowerBI",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(PowerBI_Sheet, [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"LEDGER_NAME", type text}, {"BATCH_SOURCE", type text}, {"INVOICE_DATE", type date}, {"INVOICE_NUMBER", Int64.Type}, {"INV_LINE_NUM", Int64.Type}, {"CONTRACT_NUMBER", type text}, {"CONTRACT_ORDER_NUMBER", type text}, {"SIGNED_DATE", type date}, {"BILL_TO_CUSTOMER", type text}, {"BILL_TO_CUSTOMER_ALT", type any}, {"BILL_COUNTRY", type text}, {"BILL_TO_GAM_FLAG", type any}, {"SHIP_TO_CUSTOMER", type text}, {"SHIP_TO_CUSTOMER_ALT", type any}, {"SHIP_COUNTRY", type text}, {"SHIP_TO_GAM_FLAG", type any}, {"PROD_ID", Int64.Type}, {"PRODUCT_FAMILY", type text}, {"LINE_START_DATE", type date}, {"LINE_END_DATE", type date}, {"INVOICE_CURRENCY_CODE", type text}, {"JE_LINE_DESC", type any}, {"ITEM_NUM", type text}, {"ACCOUNTING_RULE", type text}, {"BILLED_FROM", type date}, {"BILLED_TO", type date}, {"SEGMENT3", Int64.Type}, {"ACCOUNT_DESC", type text}, {"CURRENCY_CONVERSION_RATE", type number}, {"SUBSCR_PARTY_NAME", type text}, {"AGENCY_PARTY_NUMBER", type any}, {"AGENCY_PARTY_NAME", type any}, {"ORDER_TYPE", type text}, {"PAYMENT_TERMS", type text}, {"INVOICE_PAID_STATUS", type text}, {"SFDC_ORDER_TYPE", type text}, {"SFDC_CLOSE_DATE", type any}, {"BILLING_FREQ", type text}, {"BILLTO_CUSTOMER_SEGMENT", type text}, {"SHIPTO_CUSTOMER_SEGMENT", type text}, {"REGION", type text}, {"REGION_SHIPTO_COUNTRY", type text}, {"REGION_BILLTO_COUNTRY", type text}, {"AGENCY_DISCOUNT", type any}, {"INVOICE_AMOUNT", type number}, {"P2017_07", Int64.Type}, {"P2017_08", Int64.Type}, {"P2017_09", Int64.Type}, {"P2017_10", Int64.Type}, {"P2017_11", Int64.Type}, {"P2017_12", Int64.Type}, {"P2018_01", Int64.Type}, {"P2018_02", Int64.Type}, {"P2018_03", Int64.Type}, {"P2018_04", Int64.Type}, {"P2018_05", Int64.Type}, {"P2018_06", Int64.Type}, {"P2018_07", Int64.Type}, {"P2018_08", Int64.Type}, {"P2018_09", type number}, {"Total Billings", type number}, {"MFST CY/PY", type text}, {"LNKD CY/PY", type text}}),
#"Appended Query" = Table.Combine({#"Changed Type", #"LSS WF 07/17-06/18"})
in
#"Appended Query"

Thanks,

Taylor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is there a solution for this? I am having the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.