Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IoanCosmin
Helper III
Helper III

Misleading Stacked Column Chart

I am having a hard time understanding how to get this chart to reflect accurately. Please take a look at the example below:

1stacked.png

My actual values is 228,354.62 and my target is 300k. That's 76% of the target but the visual looks like it's less that halfway through. Is there a way to fix this at make it look more closer to reality?

Setting the Y-Axis End to 300k seems to get closer to my end result but it's not exactly what I am looking for. I don't want to to worry about a static value since I have different targets every month.

2stacked.png3stacked.png

I've tried the bullet chart but that does not help. How can I get around this?

Thank you,

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CrisYan
Resolver III
Resolver III

You are actually stacking Actual and Target values!. I supose that you want to show the difference between both values. 

So you must create a measure DIF = SUM(Target)-SUM(Actual) and use that measure in your chart instead of Target.

Regards!

EDIT: I recommend to put Target on chart's Tooltip for showing that value too on mouse hover.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CrisYan
Resolver III
Resolver III

You are actually stacking Actual and Target values!. I supose that you want to show the difference between both values. 

So you must create a measure DIF = SUM(Target)-SUM(Actual) and use that measure in your chart instead of Target.

Regards!

EDIT: I recommend to put Target on chart's Tooltip for showing that value too on mouse hover.

Great explination, CrisYan. Your approach solved it for me.

Thank you so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.