Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

Misleading Stacked Column Chart

I am having a hard time understanding how to get this chart to reflect accurately. Please take a look at the example below:

1stacked.png

My actual values is 228,354.62 and my target is 300k. That's 76% of the target but the visual looks like it's less that halfway through. Is there a way to fix this at make it look more closer to reality?

Setting the Y-Axis End to 300k seems to get closer to my end result but it's not exactly what I am looking for. I don't want to to worry about a static value since I have different targets every month.

2stacked.png3stacked.png

I've tried the bullet chart but that does not help. How can I get around this?

Thank you,

C

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

.Re: Misleading Stacked Column Chart

[ Edited ]

You are actually stacking Actual and Target values!. I supose that you want to show the difference between both values. 

So you must create a measure DIF = SUM(Target)-SUM(Actual) and use that measure in your chart instead of Target.

Regards!

EDIT: I recommend to put Target on chart's Tooltip for showing that value too on mouse hover.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

.Re: Misleading Stacked Column Chart

[ Edited ]

You are actually stacking Actual and Target values!. I supose that you want to show the difference between both values. 

So you must create a measure DIF = SUM(Target)-SUM(Actual) and use that measure in your chart instead of Target.

Regards!

EDIT: I recommend to put Target on chart's Tooltip for showing that value too on mouse hover.

Regular Visitor

Re: .Re: Misleading Stacked Column Chart

Great explination, CrisYan. Your approach solved it for me.

Thank you so much