cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andychu221 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Minimum of rolling 12 month sum

Dear all,

I want to calculate the minimum value of rolling 12 month return for the following data set

Q1.JPG

I use the following code to calculate rolling 12 return and it can calculate the result correctly.

Rolling12M = 
CALCULATE(
SUM(DataBase[Return]),
DATESINPERIOD(
                DataBase[Date],
                LASTDATE(DataBase[Date]),
                MONTH
)
)

However, i use MINX to calculate min value of rolling 12m return, but it return the min value of single month return

my code is as follows:

MaxDD = MinX(Database,[Rolling12M])

For example, I use [Rolling12M] code to calculate EUR Rolling12M return and the graph show minimum value is -24.39%

But when i use [MaxDD] code to calculate min value of [Rolling12M], it shows -7.39% (worst month return)

擷取.JPG

Does anyone can help me?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Minimum of rolling 12 month sum

I use the following code to solve the problem temporary. However, the -120 is manual. Can i dynamic get the count between lastmonth and firstmonth? 

MaxDD = MINX(DATESINPERIOD(DataBase[Date],LASTDATE(DataBase[Date]), -120, MONTH),[Rolling12M])

擷取.JPG

Frequent Visitor

I use the following code to solve the issue. 

MonthCount = CALCULATE (COUNT ( Database[Date] ),FILTER (ALLSELECTED ( Database ),Database[Date]  <= MAX ( Database[Date] )))
4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

I use the following code to solve the problem temporary. However, the -120 is manual. Can i dynamic get the count between lastmonth and firstmonth? 

MaxDD = MINX(DATESINPERIOD(DataBase[Date],LASTDATE(DataBase[Date]), -120, MONTH),[Rolling12M])

擷取.JPG

Frequent Visitor

I use the following code to solve the issue. 

MonthCount = CALCULATE (COUNT ( Database[Date] ),FILTER (ALLSELECTED ( Database ),Database[Date]  <= MAX ( Database[Date] )))
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @andychu221,

It's pleasant that your problem has been solved, could you please mark your reply as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
VSchepens Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I'm looking for exactly the same but than the minimum on month base and not on day base.

Any idea?

Kr,

Valérie