Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mscinal

Minimizing file growth when using Append query

I have several smaller query files which add up to about 2.5 million records with 18 columns that I am combining using the append query feature. When I combine the queries into a single table, my database continues to grow - added upwards of 35 Mb to my pbix file. Is there a way to prevent or minimize this growth? The data is historical, so I do not need to refresh it. 

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

MC

2 REPLIES 2
nikil
Resolver I
Resolver I

Make sure you load only the appended query to the data model and disable loading all the smaller queries. You can control query loading behavior by right clicking the query in the navigator and toggling the "Enable Load" option.

--nikil

Check out the Chicagoland Power BI User Group

I'd recommend dropping any columns you don't need that are highly unique.  eg. don't have a DateTime down to the second.  Perhaps just use a Date column, and then and Hour column if you need that granularity.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.