Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rob83
Frequent Visitor

Min/Max column Chart

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it’s possible to make a min/max column chart?

I have an order lead time for every production order. To make it visible I have made a max order lead time were it show every month the max order lead time from a year of choice. But I also would like to add a min order lead time in the column chart as well so they see the gap between those two. I've tried a Stock chart but that didn’t work because it needed an open and close rate as well. I only need a min and max value but the visualization looks quite the same as a stock chart.

Does anybody as an solution to create this?

Regards Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @Rob83

You can use the stock chart as you said and get this

Capture.PNG

Create a new column MIN equal to MIN order lead time, do the same for MAX.

Capture2.PNG

These will serve as the open and close values since the stock chart displays nothing if not all of its fileds are filled.

So eventually the open and low numbers, the max and high numbers overlap so the grey bar is hidden under the green bar.

And make sure the order lead time is formatted as a date.

From the formatting tab of the visual, you can turn off the trend lines so the yellow line doesn't show.

Tell me how it works!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Elisa_E
Helper I
Helper I

This is a great option to show min/max, but are dates requires always on the x-axis? Could you use another type of text variable?

SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @Rob83

You can use the stock chart as you said and get this

Capture.PNG

Create a new column MIN equal to MIN order lead time, do the same for MAX.

Capture2.PNG

These will serve as the open and close values since the stock chart displays nothing if not all of its fileds are filled.

So eventually the open and low numbers, the max and high numbers overlap so the grey bar is hidden under the green bar.

And make sure the order lead time is formatted as a date.

From the formatting tab of the visual, you can turn off the trend lines so the yellow line doesn't show.

Tell me how it works!

Hi @SabineOussi

I have a requirement to use stock chart in power Bi, but for some reason don't seem to find a chart of this kind in the built in visuals. Is this a custom chart ?

Perfect! Thank you 

Oh SabineOussi great it works Man LOL. Why didn't I think of that, it's so simpel. Thanks a lot

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rob83,

Could you be more precisely with your requirement by posting your table structures with some sample data and your expected result?Smiley Happy It's better to post your expected result with some drawing in this case.

Regards

Hi v-ljierr-msft,

This is what I'm looking for. A sample not real numbers offcourse. I already have the min en max calculation of the order lead time en put that in an area chart. But people used to get a min max chart and doesn't like this one. But there is no min/max column chart (bar charts) availible. So is there an option to have that availible or is there a solution how I can make this beter visible? Woundering how others handle this.

RegardsMinmax chart.JPG

Hi @Rob83,

After a few trying, I'm still not able to figure out a solution with the current built-in/custom visuals in Power BI to achieve your requirements. So I would suggest you to submit it on Power BI Ideas to improve Power BI on this feature.Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.