Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marico
Helper II
Helper II

Migration of reports SQL server to AWS database (Redshift/Snowflake/etc)

I have 20+ whose data source I want to change from SQL Server 2008 to AWS databases like Redshift/Snowflake/etc. Could you please tell me the steps involved and the things to keep in mind while doing this migration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marico,

According to your description, I think your requirement is more related to database migration.

For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you post on the SQL Server forum or contact the AWS support team to get further support about migration operations.

Msdn forums - SQL Server 

AWS Support and Customer Service Contact Info | Amazon Web Services
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marico,

According to your description, I think your requirement is more related to database migration.

For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you post on the SQL Server forum or contact the AWS support team to get further support about migration operations.

Msdn forums - SQL Server 

AWS Support and Customer Service Contact Info | Amazon Web Services
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin, Marico's request is not about the migration of the SQL Server database to Redshift etc but about to go about migrating the existing PBI reports, which were querying the SQL Server database, to query its new implementation in Redshift etc. The idea is to automate the process as much as possible.

Marico
Helper II
Helper II

Hi - Can anyone help with the above query?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.