Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tomas12344
Helper II
Helper II

Migration of reports to Power BI

My client is asking to prepare some preview in PBI, if there can be created reports in the same form and look as they are currently using. The current reports looks like below.
  1. donut chart, where in the middle is calculated some value
    tomas12344_0-1634826777060.jpeg

the value is calculated as difference between the green and red %(these are some defined categories/bins). I have done it, so that I have calculated the value separately, and display it in a card, which I have put to the middle of the inner circle. It looks the same, but when I click on the donut chart, the card is moved backward.
  2. 100% stacked chart
    tomas12344_1-1634826777061.jpeg

the numbers on the top (65,68,..) as calculated as above (point 1), and there is total count at the bottom.
Is there some way to create charts like this two? I'm looking at the 3rd party charts in the market place, but till now I haven't found it.

they want to use some colors for data categories. these should be
 tomas12344_2-1634826904762.pngtomas12344_3-1634826918157.png

20% will be used for category 1,... 100% for category 5,

I can define the colors with the color picker. But is there a way how to set automatically transparency, hue,... in some charts (currently they want 100% stacked chart)?

Thanks for any advice
Tomas
6 REPLIES 6
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @tomas12344 ,

Picking up on this you just need to make some adjustments to your visuals:

Donut Chart

If you place the donut chart in front of the card and set the background to off on the donut chart it will work has expected:

MFelix_0-1634896752350.png

2. For the 100% stacked chart you can use a combo chart of Line and column then create a measure to calculate the percentage for columns and use the other measure for the lines, then changing the options on the data labels you can show the result has you need.

On the values of the bottom not really sure if I understand what you need but you can add a matrix visualization with that count:

MFelix_1-1634897348795.png

This is inverted but is just a proof of concept

The last part you should use a condittional formatting, you can define the transparecy using a syntax similar to this one:

"#FFFFFF00"

Where the first 6 digits are for the colour and the last two for the level of transparency. Depending on the way you have everything setup you can do a condittional formatting using a table, but again depends on your setup.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

HI Miguel

Thanks for the answer. The first part was help. But for the conditional formating, i think this will not work. the conditional formating is working, only when the categories are set to axis (i found many other stream with this problem). When i'm using the legend, the conditional formatig disaper. The second thimg is, that i want to have all the values in one chart column, not 5 columns, when using the categories on axis. Is there any other solution.

Thanks 

Tomas

Hi @tomas12344,

I had the feeling that you would get some issues on condittional formatting that is why I added it without examples has I did for the other visualizations. One workaround can be to create a measure for each of your five categories and then use them on the charts and make the selection of the colour per each measure.

Then using a HEX calculator you can check what are the colours corresponding to those 20% decreasein each one.

I have also did a post with a calculation using a disconnected table (it's in portuguese but google translator works preety well)

https://pbiportugal.com/2021/02/04/graficos-com-varias-colunas-como-legendas/

I don't understand is the part that you say:

@tomas12344 wrote:

The second thimg is, that i want to have all the values in one chart column, not 5 columns, when using the categories on axis. Is there any other solution.

Thanks 

Tomas

Can you please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hi Miguel

The data for the last chart are simple, there is a date column and answer(satisfaction of customer of the service)

Interview End Date        qCSatlabelbar_1

2020-11-01        5

2020-11-01        3

2020-11-01        3

2020-11-02        4

2020-11-02        4

2020-11-02        2

2020-11-02        4

2020-11-03        4

the chart should looks like this

char1.png

 i have used 100% stacked chart, with valuse and legend. the date is not relevat(should cover all historical answers)

Yes, the color can be set by each category, it is litle bit not practical, and the colorpicker is not so usefull. 

Hi @tomas12344 ,

This chart type cannot have condittional formatting based on the legend or more than one measure. Believe that to have this visualization with a custom colour you need to use the colour picker.

Regards

Miguel Félix

HI @tomas12344,

AFAIk, the conditional formatting feature does not work when you enable the legend fields. They will ignore the formatting settings and use the current theme datacolor sets to setting data label colors.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.