Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wbecklesjpma

MicrosoftGraphSecurityPowerBIConnector

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-graph-security?lc=1033

I'm trying to follow this guide, but I'm not understanding the instructions. Can someone provide some guidance?

I'm not able to determine what permissions i need to request from the AD administrator. Additionally, neither of us can find the MicrosoftGraphSecurityPowerBIConnector app that is mentioned in the article. Before this, we did not have any issues getting permissions to use Graph Explorer or a custom app that I registered. But for some reason we can't figure this one out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wbecklesjpma

We did a workaround. The AD administrator signed into Power Bi Desktop using his credentials and accepted the permissions. This caused the illusive MicrosoftGraphSecurityPowerBIConnector app to appear in Azure AD with permissions assigned to him. Now that we could see the app, he was able to assign permissions to me.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wbecklesjpma

We did a workaround. The AD administrator signed into Power Bi Desktop using his credentials and accepted the permissions. This caused the illusive MicrosoftGraphSecurityPowerBIConnector app to appear in Azure AD with permissions assigned to him. Now that we could see the app, he was able to assign permissions to me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.