Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

soldstatic
Resolver I
Resolver I

Microsoft's Text Search Visualization

The text search visualization from microsoft (Link here) appears to work ok when searching my raw data table, as long as I'm searching on some of the more categorical fields (ie event type). It doesn't appear to work when searching for specific id numbers, such as a event id. How do I get this to work with specific ID numbers? There's a ton of them in here, is it simply not going to work because of the volume of ID's available?

I did try using some other filters to slim down the other visuals on the page down to only stuff from this year, and a specific type, which left only 60 to 'search' from, but it still doesn't work.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-piga-msft @soldstatic

I am also looking for the solution where user can type the word and then seach. I dont want my user to see the whole list. Currently when user type any character (even a signle character) the drop down shows the matching result. Is there any way where we can control the min lenth of typed character and after that only seach will perform. So all users are not able to see the data.

Thank you in advance.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @soldstatic,

By my test, The custom visual Text Filter which is used for searching text string type not number type. Your ID numbers should be the number type so the Text Filter doesn't work.

You could use Slicer in Power BI to filter the ID you want.

Slicer for number search this feature is not supported in Power BI currently. You could vote this idea which has been submitted in Power BI ideas forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I guess that makes sense since it's called "text search", but the slicer assumes I'm always looking for a range. I basically want to be able to type in a specific number and hit 'go' (or using an autofill to help fill it in as the user types, but you get the idea).

Hi @soldstatic,

Currently, you could use list Slicer to filter the number id like below as a workaround.

Untitled.png

Best Regards, 

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That doesn't allow the user to type in the ID of the record. Setting it to "between" is the only one that works because the user can type in the record number, but it isn't good because they have to type it in twice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.