Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swaroopkumarmg
Helper II
Helper II

Microsoft's Gantt Chart- default time 12:00 AM

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a Gantt chart and in the data, I do not have a Time associated with the Date. 

But the visual gets a default time of 12:00 AM. 

this creates a problem, if I have a project that starts from 10/12/2021 to 10/18/2021, the bar ends at 12:00 AM of 10/18/2021. is there a way I can avoid this from happening? or is there a workaround to set the default time to the end date to may be 11:59PM?

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
swaroopkumarmg
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for giving it a try. 

i did make sure that the date is set to only date and not date and time. still the Gantt chart from Microsoft shows it as date and time in it's visual. 

i found a workaround though. i created a new calculated column and added time to it.

ex: newdate = [date] + TIME(23,59,59) and used this column in the visual. this is working perfectly now. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
swaroopkumarmg
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for giving it a try. 

i did make sure that the date is set to only date and not date and time. still the Gantt chart from Microsoft shows it as date and time in it's visual. 

i found a workaround though. i created a new calculated column and added time to it.

ex: newdate = [date] + TIME(23,59,59) and used this column in the visual. this is working perfectly now. 

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @swaroopkumarmg 

I cannot reproduce it either. Have you tried @TheoC 's suggestions? Does that work? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

TheoC
Super User
Super User

@swaroopkumarmg, are you able to provide a screenshot of the issue?  I have just tried to replicate the problem but it all seems to be working fine. 

In the meantime, are you able to confirm your Date is a Date and not Date/Time?  Also, in the visual's Format pane, are you able to confirm that you have it set at the Date level and not the Time level (see below screenshot)?

TheoC_0-1634535555541.png

Thanks heaps,

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.