Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dsmcpn
Regular Visitor

Microsoft Visuals in Marketplace

I understand the certification process for visuals in the marketplace and I also understand the three levels of safety (Microsoft Visual - ok; Certified - ok; everything else - you take your chances).

My question:  Why are there Microsoft Visuals which are not certified?  An example of this is "Bullet Chart".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi dsmcpn ,

Below is the difference between between certified custom visual and other custom visuals:

certified custom visual is one that has met a set of code requirements and has passed strict security tests. Once a custom visual has been certified, it can be exported to PowerPoint and will display in the emails received when a user subscribed to report pages. Of course, it can also be used like stantard custom visuals, added to Power BI service and Power BI Desktop reports and viewed in Power BI mobile and embedded.

Regards,
Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi dsmcpn ,

Below is the difference between between certified custom visual and other custom visuals:

certified custom visual is one that has met a set of code requirements and has passed strict security tests. Once a custom visual has been certified, it can be exported to PowerPoint and will display in the emails received when a user subscribed to report pages. Of course, it can also be used like stantard custom visuals, added to Power BI service and Power BI Desktop reports and viewed in Power BI mobile and embedded.

Regards,
Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.