Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Fernandamrl

Microsoft SQL: Cannot open server

Não estou conseguindo acessar atraves do Power BI Desktop minha base de dados do Azure. Logo que instalei o power BI consegui acesso e importei algumas tabelas para testar. Exclui o arqui e tentei nova conexão dom directyQuery e a resposta que obtenho é: Detalhes: "Microsoft SQL: Cannot open server "lstranslog.com.br" requested by the login. The login failed." Ja tentei importar, conectar através do sql server e não consigo. Consigo acessar minha base de dados através do sql management studio. Ja desinstalei o power BI Desktop e reinstalei e não consigo acesso.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Fernandamrl,

In your scenario, you are trying to connect Power BI to Azure SQL Server. However, it returns an error. Right?

First, what's the version of your Power BI Desktop? You can verify this under File -> Help -> About.

Then to troubleshoot your issue. You can try following method:

1. If you have ever connected to Azure SQL database in Power BI Desktop, I would recommend you go to “File –> Options and Settings –> Data Source Settings”, under “Global permissions”, select any old Azure SQL data source connections and click on clear permission. Then re-connect to Azure SQL database from Desktop,  also enter database name during the connection.

2. Please ensure that you have set up a firewall rule to allow Power BI Desktop to make a connection to Azure SQL.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Fernandamrl,

In your scenario, you are trying to connect Power BI to Azure SQL Server. However, it returns an error. Right?

First, what's the version of your Power BI Desktop? You can verify this under File -> Help -> About.

Then to troubleshoot your issue. You can try following method:

1. If you have ever connected to Azure SQL database in Power BI Desktop, I would recommend you go to “File –> Options and Settings –> Data Source Settings”, under “Global permissions”, select any old Azure SQL data source connections and click on clear permission. Then re-connect to Azure SQL database from Desktop,  also enter database name during the connection.

2. Please ensure that you have set up a firewall rule to allow Power BI Desktop to make a connection to Azure SQL.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

@v-xjiin-msft I'm using SQL Azure, Can you help me find some reference on how to Allow PowerBI desktop  as you mentioned.

Olá,

Problema solucionado!

Resolvi excluindo e recriando todas as minhas conexoes de fontes de dados e reisntalei o Power BI Desktop.

Obrigado!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.