Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft Retiring the MCSA-BI Certification?

Good day,

According to this link below on Microsoft's internet page, the MCSA-BI certification is being retired 6/30/2020.  If anyone has insights about the reasons for this change, please share.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcsa-bi-reporting.aspx

I thought that the MCSA-BI certification was a very positive development when Microsoft initiated it.  I may still pursue it.

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I get the feeling that Microsoft is doing a complete overhaul of its certifications so I am guessing that all of the old MCSE, MCSA, MCSD and that sort of stuff is being retired for something new.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/community-blog-post.aspx?BlogId=8&Id=375282

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler 
I just found some new certifications on the new certifications website for Microsoft. 

They basically re-labelled the MS 70-778 exam: Analyzing and visualizing data with power BI to DA-100 : Analyzing Data with MS Power BI

Here take a look:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/da-100#certification-exams

Let me know what you think!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 
Great, the one certification i actually want to achieve under microsoft is being retired. 
I wish there was a downvote button in that link to share how much i dislike the idea of the certification being discontinued. 

I have given the MS Power BI and am currently studying for the MS Excel exam. I find it hilarious and extremely saddening to hear on a monday that this is being retired. Can we still undo this? 

Thanks for sharing @Anonymous 'I thought that the MCSA-BI certification was a very positive development when Microsoft initiated it.  I may still pursue it'. I could not agree with you more. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

vinS,

Much of the future growth in BI tools will come from data-literate professionals with non-technical education and work experience.  The MCSA-BI certification is appealing to users in this demographic.  It's a robust, challenging credential that is attainable for people who haven't spent their careers in IT.  

It's unfortunate that the MCSA-BI is ending.  There are a number of BI credentials out there, but none of them have the credibility of a Microsoft certification.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.