Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stephen19

Microsoft Project Web App - adding new data points into PowerBI

Hello. I am working with Power BI and PWA. I have been able to utilize the sample reports with great success. My question is more regarding adding new data into the datasource and having it be recognized by PowerBI. For example, in PWA I created an area (SharePoint list) similar to the way it has Risks and Issues, called 'Change Requests'. This has a handful of fields I would like to see. Adding into SharePoint was easy enough, but I can't seem to get it to show in the data in PowerBI. Looking into the premade connector from the sample reports, I am not sure how I might incorporate this into the data set. The only option I see when 'getting data' is asking for the PWA URL, nothing with extending that data beyond the sample data.

I was able to do Get Data on a SharePoint list and have it see it, however it was connected only to that one specific list. What I am after is more of a relative path. Each project would have its own Change Request list and would like to report on them all, not just a single one .

I am still learning this product so its likely I am missing something here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Stephen19 ,

As a template App, the scope of custom editing is limited.

Please see the solution in this thread.

Solved: Ability to import microsoft project web app to pow... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Thanks for getting back to me. I followed the thread you mentioned however I am not seeing where it says how to extend the functionality. Are you saying its just not possible or am I missing something?Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.