Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lucian
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Microsoft Gantt visual with parent filtering problem

Hello,

I have a problem using the Microsoft's Gantt visual 2.2.3. I need to use a hierarchical view of the Project\Task. But when the gantt is collapsed to project level, and click on a project, I need a "detail" table that should list informations about that project and all its activities. The problem is when I click on the collapsed bar, only one activity (first) will appear on the table.

Parent filtering.png

Shoud appear something similar to the list of the "B" project.

The data table looks like this:

Data table.png

Kind Regards,

Lucian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @v-yuta-msft ,

Thank you for your message. Thank you for your confirmation, but in this case the "visual" does not achieve its purpose... to visually select the project...

I have found another way, even this is not the best way/performance and imply duplicating the table, but having now an 1:1 relationship by project code I have achieved the "desired" effect - when the user click on a collapsed project, the table will show all the corresponding tasks.

Maybe on the future version of the MS Gantt chart will see an "enhancement" 😏.

Kind Regards,

Lucian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Lucian ,

Based on my test, the gantt visual doesn't have filter feature when you click on the top level of the hierarchy, it will only filter the first row in that level, this is by design.To achieve your requirement, you need to create a slicer visual based on the [Project Name] column like below:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yuta-msft ,

Thank you for your message. Thank you for your confirmation, but in this case the "visual" does not achieve its purpose... to visually select the project...

I have found another way, even this is not the best way/performance and imply duplicating the table, but having now an 1:1 relationship by project code I have achieved the "desired" effect - when the user click on a collapsed project, the table will show all the corresponding tasks.

Maybe on the future version of the MS Gantt chart will see an "enhancement" 😏.

Kind Regards,

Lucian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.