Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielH
Helper I
Helper I

Microsoft 365 Usage analytics Per Country

Hi,

i have successfully activated the Microsoft 365 usage analytics template, and i hae done some cuztomizations as well.

i am only missing how to filter the Product Usage data per Country ? 

since the Country is at the User State and this is from the API only license assigned during the last complete month. 

i am not about to relate / Add the country breakdown of the Product Usage Page. 

any ideas ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi , @danielH 

The data in the template app can be retrieved through the Microsoft 365 APIs (in preview). When they ship to production they will be merged within the Microsoft Graph reporting APIs

You  may try to connnect   Microsoft Graph reporting APIs  to  bring additional data sources to combine with the template app data.

I don't have much experience in APIs  so can't better assist .

It is recommended to create a support ticket for further help.  

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @danielH 

Did you mean that  you did not successfully  filter the new Microsoft 365 usage analysis report by country after adding the field “LocationCountry ”(UserState) as a filter?

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, that is what i mean. after looking at the data in detail i am startng to think is not possible. 

when you add the  “LocationCountry ”(UserState) as a filter, it only shows the last complete month. 

Hi , @danielH 

As mentioned in this documentMicrosoft 365 usage analytics is a template app that gives you access to a pre-built dashboard that provides a cross-product view of the last 12 months and contains a number of pre-built reports. Each report provides you with specific usage insights. User specific information is available for the last full calendar month.

58.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i have read that documentation, so it not possible since country is a user specific data therefore that templte has only the last full calendar month. 

is there any way to get the 12 months User Specific infromation to be able to to this ? are there any APIs available ? 

Hi , @danielH 

The data in the template app can be retrieved through the Microsoft 365 APIs (in preview). When they ship to production they will be merged within the Microsoft Graph reporting APIs

You  may try to connnect   Microsoft Graph reporting APIs  to  bring additional data sources to combine with the template app data.

I don't have much experience in APIs  so can't better assist .

It is recommended to create a support ticket for further help.  

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

i was just looking into that, thank yo uso much v-easonf-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.