Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KarlinOz
Advocate III
Advocate III

Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics - can we see Power BI usage stats?

I've recently started using the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics. It looks good. However one item I really would like to know is Power BI Pro licence usage across our org. We have licences assigned but I'm not convinced they are all being used and I don't see anywhere I can check whether users are using the licences. I have downloaded the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics Power BI template to try and add my requirement but I can't see any data source which would give me what we need.

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlinOz ,

You can refer to the following blog to see if it helps you.

Power BI Usage Metrics Across All Workspaces: Step by Step 

Currently, metrics reports are valid only for same workspace/report.

Maybe you can vote here:

Standard Usgae Metrics Reports 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KarlinOz , for pro users for each workspace/report you can have usages analysis. For the premium customers there is a Premium capacity app too

@amitchandak  thank you for the tip. It is a good start however to use that I need to create a separate report for each and every workspace we have in the organisation. I tried using Power BI desktop to create the report too, connecting to the Usage Metrics Report in the dataset but again, I would have to create a separate Power BI report for every workspace we have in the organisation. I am looking for something to pull the Usage Metrics from all workspaces into one report. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.