Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ackerkris
Frequent Visitor

Metrics: create report on the Metrics' dataset

Hi,

I would like to be able to build a report using the built-in Metrics (scorecard) dataset to make a visual representation in time wrt the status changes.

But the dataset cannot be downloaded nor modified. And as you cannot change the tables in a Pwr BI desktop report it's not easy.

Would like to be able to build a matrix visual containing the same hierarchical tree as in the Metrics (ScoreCard) visual, and have the possibility to give a change of the statuses (in our case RAG) in the Pwr BI Report for management.

4 REPLIES 4
ackerkris
Frequent Visitor

Hey @v-shex-msft ,

I'm not talking about the usage Metrics here, but about the Scorecard functionality that has been renamed to 'Metrics' (might not have been the best choice as everybody always relates to Usage Metrics when you speak about Metrics).

I would like to be able to build additional reports (until it might become available as standard functionality by Ms) on top of or starting from that Metrics dataset, but there's not really much one can do atm.  

Hi @ackerkris,

If you mean the scorecard, please take a look at the followng link move scorecard feature part if hleps:

Create scorecards and manual metrics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regaerds,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ackerkris,

I'd like to recommend you take a look at the 'save and copy' report parts of usage metrics which mentions the create custom report if they meet to your requirements:

Monitor usage metrics in My workspace - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-shex-msft , 

Thx, but I'm already familiar with this. I would just like to be able to build further within/on (a copy of) the Dataset that's automatically created by Ms when creating a Scoreboard, but you cannot edit it, nor download it atm  😞 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.