Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chapin4u
Employee
Employee

Message box

Hi community,

I need help with adding a message box or best practice to alert the user that in the values of the visual you can hover to see the new tooltip or it has a drill through.  The report will go on a web page. So I cant explain in person to the user so that why I am asking. Thanks for any tip in advance.

2018-06-08_8-39-55.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You could also use bookmarks functionality to add an information image  [i] to your visual.

When a user  clicks the information image a pop up appears explaining the options available

All users are familiar with an information icon.

Add an [x] to the pop up and the user is able to  close the pop up.

Ther are many styling options also available.

Information iconInformation iconUse bookmarks to open the information pop upUse bookmarks to open the information pop up

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chapin4u
Employee
Employee

The only alternative found at the moment for a message box is this2018-06-09_14-54-01.jpg

You could also use bookmarks functionality to add an information image  [i] to your visual.

When a user  clicks the information image a pop up appears explaining the options available

All users are familiar with an information icon.

Add an [x] to the pop up and the user is able to  close the pop up.

Ther are many styling options also available.

Information iconInformation iconUse bookmarks to open the information pop upUse bookmarks to open the information pop up

Can you explain pls how to add an [x] to the pop-up window? What other styling options are,

Thanks.

HI,

This has been created with bookmarking functionality.

To run in desktop you need to press CTRL & Right Click to see functionality

In the Power BI service, bookmarks works as expected.

From the navigation area check Bookmarks Pane and Selection Pane.

Bookmarks.PNGF

From the Home tab use the "Buttons" to add the buttons you want

Buttons.PNG

Then within visuals, select the image and set your action for this. Simply a matter of Show/Hide on the Bookmarked page.

Bookmarks Visuals.PNG

Here is the sample to assist:

SampleBookmarkFile

More details also here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

Hint which helps when you have multiple icons,  give your visual/image a tile to  easily find it in the 'Selection' area but 'Hide' the title in the visuals area.

By styling optins I was referring to all the options available within Power BI. You can also use your own images for this functionality.

The [x] is a trick, just the letter x styled!

Thanks for the great idea MariaP.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.