Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Massig
Frequent Visitor

Merging two visualizations into one

I have 2 tables ... (data is coming from 2 data sets linked)

One where I have

CUSTOMER NAME / FIRST ACTIVITY / ACTIVITY TYPE / LAST ACTIVITY / ACTIVITY TYPE

and a second matrix visualization

CUSTOMER NAME / ACTIVITY TYPE 1 / ACTIVITY TYPE 2 etc ... and count of activity type as value.

I was trying to have a combined visualization that shows

CUSTOMER NAME FIRST ACTIVITY / ACTIVITY TYPE / LAST ACTIVITY / ACTIVITY TYPE and then the matrix part with the count of activity by type.

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Massig ,

It seems that you want to create one visual with the two data source.

If so, I think, you could create the relationshio between the two tables with CUSTOMER NAME column.

In addition, what is the count of activity by type? Which activity type do you want to count, table1 or table 2?

If it is convenient, you'd better share some data sample which could reproduce the scenario and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

thanks for your help.

I have got 2 tables behind the visualizations which I linked by company.

What I can't get to work is the visualization...

SOme pics..

These are the linked table

Then there is the visualization 1 - which is company plus first / last activity done coming from Member status update date and subtype

And visualization 2 - which is company plus activity by Ctype

I don't seem to be able to make one visualization with 

Company + first activity + subtype + Last activity + Subtype + the matrix with all the campaign and the count of campaign by company - ie. literally joining the 2 into 1.

SO it kind of looks like this

Thanks!

Hi @Massig ,

Will have error message if you drag the fields in the visual 1to the visual 2?

To be more helpful, please share the data sample which could rerproduce youer scenario so that I could have a test on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.