Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging two tables with same number of columns

Hi,

I have 2 tables which were mported and cleaned in PBI desktop. both has 2 columns, first column is text in both with same number of rows and second columns are different but both whole number format. When I use merge query as new to join them, it only accepts left outer joint with 2out of 43 rows marched! They both are parsed from same SAP text file and I need to have a table with 3 columns consisting of first column is the common column in both tables, second column comming from my 1st table and 3rd column coming from my 2nd table.

It's weird why I can not simply does it?!

Please help? 

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

My first thought is that the text columns have spaces or hidden characters in them.

You can 'trim' and 'clean' the data to get your matches.

You could also test to see whether you get matches on just the number columns (that won't return all the data you want but you can eliminate that from the investigation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, however, I have tested and tried all these assumptions with not success before posting my question. Can one of the gurus here help please?!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.