Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BogdanP
Frequent Visitor

Merging two data tables

Hello everyone, I am very new to PowerBI, so apologies if my question is too dumb.

Consider following data structure:

RelationView.PNG

As you can see, there are 3 lookup tables and 2 data tables. Set of Producers in "Import" table is slightly different than in "V" table. Apart from that these two tables are almost identical. 

So what exactly am I trying to achieve here? I want to create a single data table, containing following columns: "Producer", "Date", "Dimension", "Volume" and "Import". Appending queries didn't work because it duplicates producers, so merging queries is presumably the way to approach it. However, I was unable to achieve desired result.

Thank you in advance, any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RafDelgado
Helper II
Helper II

Hey Bogdan, 

You have the relationships showing so you can still make a single visual table using the related information from the 2 data tables. If you really need a single table, what join kind are you trying on the merge? Could you not match the two table columns, merge and remove all the duplicates?

Thanks,

Raf

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RafDelgado
Helper II
Helper II

Hey Bogdan, 

You have the relationships showing so you can still make a single visual table using the related information from the 2 data tables. If you really need a single table, what join kind are you trying on the merge? Could you not match the two table columns, merge and remove all the duplicates?

Thanks,

Raf

Hey Raf,

Thank you for your answer. It pushed me in the right direction - have to admit that i completely forgot that PowerBI has "remove duplicates" feature similar to Excel one. So appending these tables and then clearing the duplicates worked for me really well. Thank you once more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.