Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

iiomarioii
Helper II
Helper II

Merging two columns from to tables based on date

Hi, 

I have to different tables like the following: 

Table 1

DateRevenueProduct Name
13.01.202050€Alpha
16.01.202030€Beta

Table 2

DateRevenueProductname
14.01.202010€Gamma 
17.01.202020€Delta 

I would like to get this one here: 

DateRevenue
13.01.202050€
14.01.202010€
16.01.202030€
17.01.202020€

I ve tried to use NewColumn and SUMX but it didn't work. (single value could not be determined) I also tried to merge it with Merge Queries but it didn't work neither. (dates were not sorted correctly)

Currently, there is a relationship between a Date table and Table 1 & 2. There is also a relationship between a table with Productnames and Table 1&2.

Thank you 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, I think in your case you are trying to append the data. Have you tried using Append Queries in Power Query window. This can append contents of two tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @iiomarioii ,

If the structure of both of your tables is exactly same, you can use Append queries to merge these 2 tables into ONE SINGLE TABLE in Query editor in Power BI.

You can refer following article to achieve this:

https://yodalearning.com/tutorials/top-3-steps-to-append-queries-using-power-query/

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

This is the solution. I have tried it before but it's very important that the Columns have the same name!! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.