Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

benocoh

Merging data sets in one Power BI file

Quick question - trying to find a way to use live expense data from Xero in my main power BI desktop file which includes multiple data sources. 

The only way I've been able to access Xero is by Power BI web and then clicking 'get data > power BI service' on desktop. Only problem is that it's saying it needs to be a file on it's on as I already have data in my original source file (ie for some reason I can't add another data source to the existing file).

Any way to overcome this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
karaoan
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

@Ben You might want to have a look at the Acterys Connectors that enable you to connect and consolidate as many Xero (or other accounting system) companies as you like and edit and publish from Power BI Desktop. As opposed to just a connector to raw API tables -that typically require lots of work to turn into a useful application- Acterys gives you ready made Power BI models on all Xero tables that also include typical financial logic (best practice DAX library).

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Martin

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Currently, once you create a live data source, you cannot add to it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
benocoh

<p>Quick question - trying to find a way to use live expense data from Xero in my main power BI desktop file which includes multiple data sources.&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The only way I've been able to access Xero is by Power BI web and then clicking 'get data &gt; power BI service' on desktop. Only problem is that it's saying it needs to be a file on it's on as I already have data in my original source file (ie for some reason I can't add another data source to the existing file).</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Any way to overcome this?</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Thanks!</p>

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.