Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

t-taaror
Regular Visitor

Merging data from Different tables .

Hello.

I have 5 different tabls with the exact same schema and i am using Direct Query mode. One column in the table represents the Success or Failure. I want to create a pie chart representing the overall Success v/s Failure . How is that possible. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @t-taaror ,

If the schema and columns name are same then you can use Append Queries to get all data in single table.

Goto Edit Queries ==> Click on "Append Queries" ==> Select "Three or more tables"

Select the tables which needs to be append. Then click OK. You can create a new table then check the data if that is what you needed.

If this solves your problem mark this as solution and give khudos.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@t-taaror ,

Yes, in direct query you can create calculate column/measure in the fact table which represents success/failure. Then drag the new column measure and other dimensional columns to a pie chart.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yuta-msft 

Actually i am new to PowerBi so could you please elaborate the solution. 

The scenario is like for example i have 5 tables each has 10 rows. one column has text value success or failure. I want to display the total success percentage(for the 5 tables) using PieChart. For that, i wanted to have a table with a single column having 50 rows

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @t-taaror ,

If the schema and columns name are same then you can use Append Queries to get all data in single table.

Goto Edit Queries ==> Click on "Append Queries" ==> Select "Three or more tables"

Select the tables which needs to be append. Then click OK. You can create a new table then check the data if that is what you needed.

If this solves your problem mark this as solution and give khudos.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.