Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging calculated tables based on dates

So I have a calculated Table A that has a custom calendar column, and calculated Table B that has a column "dates" and some other column.
How do I merge these two tables so that I get all data from Table B in Table A, and blank when there is no data for the specified date in Table A (Table A's custom calendar has more cardinality than Table B's dates column)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Try to create a new table like below:

Table = NATURALLEFTOUTERJOIN ( 'Table A','Table B' )

Vlianlmsft_0-1627551689281.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Try to create a new table like below:

Table = NATURALLEFTOUTERJOIN ( 'Table A','Table B' )

Vlianlmsft_0-1627551689281.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

if A is a calendar you can join on date. If B is on the many side you can get missing data using "show item with no data" of +0.

If not, create a calendar table mark it has date table and join with both tables and analyze them together with date table 

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.