Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging an existing report with a new template

G'day guys!

Not sure whether this Q already has a solution but I couldn't find a fix.

I am trying to merge a report (filled with developed calculated columns and visualisations) to a new template; as in trying to copy the data from old report and attach it to a template(new report). 

Is there any standard approach to do this? Or Can I used any external tools to accomplish this task?

Please gimme your suggestions on this.

Thanks heaps

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if it is just copy-paste of some visuals, That should work by Copy paste from one file to another https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Combining-separate-PBI-reports-into-a-single-PBIX-file-same/td-p/565056

If more complex merge. Then you might have explored some external tools.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak I guess copy-paste works on workspaces which share a common dataset.

My case is bit dissimilar. I gotta move datasets, formatted fields and visualisations to a new template report.

(Currently, I am drag-dropping the elements to the new report but I cannot do such drag n drop to heaps of reports, aye)

So, looking for some some solution to transport all elements of a report to a new template. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.