Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging Week Values into Months

I operate a PBI report for our work Fantasy Football league, over the season it has given me the opportunity to learn more about Power BI based upon requests from participants in the league. We have various attributes for each participant so we can display data by site and department and our Headline page shows data as below. LeagueTable.pngOne request has me stumped. I want to be able to combine scores achieved in several weeks to show the score for a month.

My data is arranged so that for each player for each matchday we have the points that they have scored, the contest spans over 9 months with there being a total of 38 matchdays, I have a table of data that identifes in which month each matchday occurs. The example shown here shows values over the months but it is only the first scoring week for each month - what is the best way to use data transformation so that values from W1-W36 map to Months 1-9? FPLM.png

2 REPLIES 2
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

How are you planning to aggregate weeks into months?

Because weeks can fall to 2 different months

Anonymous
Not applicable

The weeks are tagged as being associated with a specific month, the data is not date driven, the columns in the Excel are text values that denote Matchday (Week Number) and in which Month the Matchday occured.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.