Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging Two Tables in Direct Query Mode as New table. Not Refreshing changes in data

Hello All,

I have tried many ways to do this, so maybe someone has an idea on how to achieve this.

I am trying to merge two tables. Table 1 : Contains historical PRICING DATA PER LOCATION Table 2: Table 2: table connected to a power apps where users update which location historical pricing they want to see. They are both connected to my PBI in direct query mode.

When user modifies the location table. The 3rd table (Resulting from merging location and pricing data) should update also like the direct query tables. 

My problem is that the New merge table does not refresh like the other two do when a value change. it acts like a import table.

- I tried merging with Power Query but the new table results in Import mode as such it doesnt reflect changes in data locations)

- I tried creating the merge table in DAX hoping the dax table will recalculate with new changes but when I Refresh the browser it doesnt update the changes either.

( I'm using NATURALLEFTOUTERJOIN(Location_Table,Pricing_Table)

Any ideas on how to achieve this without having to refresh the whole dataset?

I have created a flow that "detects when location table changes, update a the PBI dataset". This works properly. If a new location is added I will see it in my visuals. But it is much slower as user has to wait until the dataset is refreshed to then see the changes reflected. Also, there is the 15min limitation.

I would like to know if I have explored all the possible options to do this or there is a way to achieve this as fast as a direct query table?

Much appreciated,

Reyna

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you try refresh buttom in Power BI Desktop?

Screenshot 2021-04-08 140229.png

Based on my test, when I refreshed the data source, the formula with dax was updated.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.