Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

stuartbrown
Helper I
Helper I

Merging Rows With Share Unique Values

Hi,

I've been lurking around the forum for a while learning lots from you and have gone through a number of the tutorials provided :).  I have an issue that I just can't seem to resolve however and I'm hoping someone can help me.

I pull data from the Jira API and this returns a record of tickets.  Each ticket can have multiple 'component' values, and also multiple 'label' values.  The data in PowerBI shows a row for each combination of these (truncated example below)

Ticket URLTicket NumberLabelsComponents
url/123ABC-123Label 1Component 1
url/123ABC-123Label 1Component 2
url/321ABC-321Label 2Component 1
url/321ABC-321Label 3Component 2
url/321ABC-321Label 1Component 1
url/222ABC-222Label 2Component 1

I would like to have only one row for each Ticket Number and combine the various labels into  comma-separated values in other columns.

Ticket URLTicket NumberLabels ArrayComponents Array
url/123ABC-123Label 1Component 1, Component 2
url/321ABC-321Label 1, Label 2, Label 3Component 1, Component 2

I have also shared some real data in Excel and pbix format - in these you will see that there are a number of other columns that I need to keep.  If anyone can help I'd greatly apprecate it!

14 REPLIES 14

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.