Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dnewton
Helper II
Helper II

Merge two datasets (.pibx files?)

I have two .pibx files connected to different SQL sources each with their own calculated columns and measures. I have been asked to create a report pulling together data from both datasets but on a single report.

The only way I can think to do this is to merge the existing .pibx files. I know I can add multiple SQL data sources easily but can I merge the existing .pobx datasets so that I don’t have to recreate my calculated columns and measures from scratch?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dnewton,

In power bi, one dataset can contains multiple data source, however, multiple datasets can't be combined as one dataset. So I'm afraid this couldn't be achieved, as a workaround, you may add the extra data source to one dataset and recreate visuals in another page.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
itsmebvk
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@dnewton do you have any issues in using Workspace within the Service? the only draw back i can see is you can not do everything as you do in Desktop .

Alternatively I would use advanced editor to copy paste the queries over and recreate few columns.

I have both datasets in the same workspace - but the problem remains that I can not create a single report showing visuals and measures from the two datasets, they must be seporate.

Unless using a dashboard but then that means additional cost through licences (as opposed to a share report link).

@dnewton,

In power bi, one dataset can contains multiple data source, however, multiple datasets can't be combined as one dataset. So I'm afraid this couldn't be achieved, as a workaround, you may add the extra data source to one dataset and recreate visuals in another page.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.