Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merge tables in DAX

Hello all
I've create a table with DAX from 2 tables. Now i would love to merge it with a 3rd table (query) which has only 1 column.
I've been looking everywhere and didn't found any document or video that shows you how.
Is this possible, to merge these 2 tables?
Thanks in advance
Pedro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

The tables don't need to be related, they just need a common columns (by name).

Check it out: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/naturalinnerjoin-function-dax.

Maybe that works, no ?

Ricardo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive for Business and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit
Thank you for your answer my friend but i needed a dax merge tables and not with power query, because that dax table doesn't show on power query.
So sorry if i didn't explain well.
But thank you so much anyway.
Best regards
Pedro

camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

I hope this link helps you: https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/from-sql-to-dax-joining-tables/

Ricardo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @camargos88 
First of all, thank you for the link cose it "sent me" to a function that i even didn't know that existed, naturalinnerjoin. But when i was reading the notes for that function, the last paragraph says that both tables should be related. I wish, because that's what i need, to relate them. So i did relate them, one to one in both directions, and then add a column to check if both are the same then TRUE else FALSE. And that's it. Didn't need to join them in DAX.
I've did some checkings and the result is what's expected. It seems it's working. But i didn't check them all because they're so many, you know?
Does all this make some sense to you? Do you think it's ok?

Hi @Anonymous ,

The tables don't need to be related, they just need a common columns (by name).

Check it out: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/naturalinnerjoin-function-dax.

Maybe that works, no ?

Ricardo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thank you so much Ricardo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.