Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnatoliBagrov

Merge region data

Hello! First, sorry for my English) I wil use pictures. I have a data by cities and regions, but they are together:Main tableMain table

I want to see the cities data added into the corresponding region rows. For example, like the Trenton inside the New Jersey,

I founded three tables with cities, regions and countries:

DrlMjgBhv5NJkm

Also I have made some transform:

replace the short "обл." by full "область"replace the short "обл." by full "область"

It gives me a chance to satisfy my need.

Next I connected the main table to city table:

82Q4vBLFj6nRxm

Then I try to configure my table view:

4AkEjgliyb3BYm

As a result:

8238VdvhJMvp8A

And if I scroll:

8AnNjEbfjX3VaA

How can I see the "Архангельская обл." (I already fixed it) "Архангельская область" data in one row with sum=118791+384786+47289+18217+121382 ?

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@AnatoliBagrov

In this scenario, you have fact data on both region level and city level. You need to build a "parent-child hierarchy" for REGION-CITY so that you can aggregate region itself and its child level together. Please refer to blog below:

Parent-Child Hierarchies

Regards,

Thanks for the answer. I read it fluently and I have a question. Analogy with parents is good. If we speak in terms of sales, in my situation children and their parents sell both. And i have the situation:

KAgJjgBS4joV02

(Oops! At the screen I should write Bill: 10+1+4+2+1)

Will I reach this goal using parent-child hierarchies?

If yes, I'll study this in more detail.

@AnatoliBagrov

Yes, you are correct. The aggregation for parent level will include themselves. If the parent level has fact data, it will appear along with child members as well. Like the last image in that link:

Capture.PNG

You should build the  Parent-Child hierarchy for your scenario.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.