Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

santu1021
Helper II
Helper II

Merge "Preview not available"

Dear

Merge "Preview not available" is not showing any table. What is the issue?

Capture6.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @santu1021 

What is your data source?Can you  take a try to  refresh Preview  first. 
In addition ,it is recommended to update to the latest version .Please check the version of your powerbi desktop

02.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
amol0512
Helper I
Helper I

I faced a similar issue today. I think it was because I was doing the merge on the Referenced table. 

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello

although this post is very old, I just had the same problem, from PowerQuery to Excel365 (updated today).

The situation is curious, I expose it:

If I try to combine the SAP query with the LONG IT_AT within the former, I get the image error:

Combinar en la misma tabla SAPCombinar en la misma tabla SAPMerge into the same SAP table

But if I try to combine in reverse, that is, the consultation IT_AT PROLONGED with the SAP, if it is possible as seen in the image:

combinar desde IT_AT PROLONGADAcombinar desde IT_AT PROLONGADAcombine from EXTENDED IT_AT

And if I want to create a new query with SAP as the first and IT_AT LONG as the second, it also leaves me:

consulta nueva con SAP como primera y IT_AT PROLONGADA como segundaconsulta nueva con SAP como primera y IT_AT PROLONGADA como segundanew consultation with SAP as first and EXTENDED IT_AT as second

Any suggestions?

If you consider it, I could also attach the edition of the two queries.

Thanks a lot!

Josep.

I had the same issues , there may be a dependancy between the tables. Is SAP is being used in IT_AT. If so duplicate IT_AT and remove the dependancy then create the merge

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @santu1021 

What is your data source?Can you  take a try to  refresh Preview  first. 
In addition ,it is recommended to update to the latest version .Please check the version of your powerbi desktop

02.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I don't know what was the issue.

I have saved the files, refreshed and now it is working fine.

Thank You !!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@santu1021 , What is the step you followed to reach this screen. Seem like Tables are not getting selected.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, that's odd. Is the drop down for the second table active? Really hard to tell what might be going on.

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.