Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Muki
Helper I
Helper I

Merge multiple tables using DAX

Hi

I'm looking for a solution to below mentioned query. It's actually a merge query but as I'm not allowed to use the 'merge' functionality from power query (scheduled refresh on power bi server does not support that yet) I have to use DAX syntax to mimic this.

Here is the situation:

- merge Table A, Table B and Table C into new table_merged

- I need all records from Table A

- Add matching records from Table B as new columns where tableA.version= tableB.version and tableA.version2=tableB.version2

- if there is no matching record from Table B:

first match Table C where tableA.version= tableC.version and tableA.version2=tableC.version2
match Table B where tableB.version= tableC.version3 and tableA.version2=tableC.version4

Hope the picture below makes it more clear...

merge.png

thanks in advance!

Muki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Muki,

You may take a look at https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/lookup-multiple-values-in-dax/.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Muki,

You may take a look at https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/lookup-multiple-values-in-dax/.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.