Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

booj
Frequent Visitor

Merge multiple tables into one (iterate through combined values)

I've been banging my head against google and the search feature to figure out if there's a solution to this and I'm just using the wrong/inaccurate keywords. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be very helpful. I feel like there must be a relatively simple answer to this out there, but I'm new to Power BI.

I'm trying to run a sensitivity analysis. I have a number of projects, and I want to analyze how the financials of those projects (specifically internal rate of return or net present value) would look given a change in one criterion (specifically a variance to outlay cost). I have one table that is arranged with each row representing a project. I have a second table that has a distribution of potential variance in outlay cost (-30% to +30% staggered in 5% increments). I would like to create a third table that has a line for each combination of project and outlay cost variance. I am okay with the increase in the number of data rows that this would present.

The scaled down version of the question is that I have:

Table 1:

a

b

c

Table 2:

Table 3 (Desired outcome):

a,1

a,2

a,3

b,1

b,2

b,3

c,1

c,2

c,3

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
inetguru
Frequent Visitor

In query window in table 1 add  column with formula = table 2. You will get all rows from table 2 for each row in table 1.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
inetguru
Frequent Visitor

In query window in table 1 add  column with formula = table 2. You will get all rows from table 2 for each row in table 1.

booj
Frequent Visitor

Beautiful! Worked like a charm.

I've got a couple issues with paring down to unique values (my list of Project identifiers is not unique as intended), but I figure I'll do my research on that before I tax the goodwill of helpful people such as you.

inetguru
Frequent Visitor

Contact me if necessary

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors