Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merge is too big - Cross table creation work around w/ slicers

philippajohnson_0-1643899389195.png

These filters need to work across 3 datasets, into one table visualisation

The data sets are vast so trying to merge/join on key fields leads to load times that I have never seen the end of... spinning for 72 hours +

Is there anyway to populate the table with one dataset, then create measures that will if statement the results and return corresponding answers for columns within the other two datasets 

AKA

IF - Material Group = Z       Material Name = M       Prototype = N  then Duty Category Is = ? (Dataset 2)

5 REPLIES 5
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you solved this question? If you have solved the question, you can accept the answer helpful as the solution or share you method and accept it as solution, thanks for your contribution to improve Power BI.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Now what I don't know is, what value do you want to return by doing an if judgment on the values in three different datasets? Which dataset do you want to get the value returned by measure? What relationship is it obtained by matching?

Please add more details into these 3 datasets, then give your expected result based on the sample you provide. Thanks.

vxiaotang_0-1644400534454.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous clear but still not fully sure. can you fake the data? I really don't care it is real or fake, but data and the expected output will help to understand the question better. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous can you provide some sample data and explain what you are trying to achieve.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No Sample Data I'm afraid as classified

Let me try to explain a different way 

Dataset 1PlantManu TypeManu PlantTerritory 
Dataset 2PlantManu TypeManu PlantDutyBatchcode
Dataset 3PlantManu TypeCountryCommodity 

With Merge & Left Join not working due to size of datasets

How can I make a table that IF statements matching keyfields that have slicers > eg. Plant A08 Selected

If Plant = A08   Dataset 1       Duty = Y   Dataset 2      Country = UK   Dataset 3 

So it queries other datasets rather than dynamically loading it into the table en mass

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.