Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merge in a single Line Chart two visuals with different dates columns

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

4.PNG
Dear PowerBi Community,

I would like to share you a problem that I'm facing right now:

I have two differents columns dates (IFD Actual and IFD Planned) that after counting them  (Dax formule in the 3rd picture), I would like to show in the same graph as I was capable to do in Excel. I tried to use one unique calendar table with USERELATIONSHIP without any particular success. Last remark: the two graphs separetely show the correct information as you may see in the second picture.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I suggest you to create a virtual table in var and then calculate the running total.

My measure:

IFD_Actual = 
VAR _VIRTUAL_TABLE =
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        ALL ( 'Date 1' ),
        "TEST",
            CALCULATE (
                COUNT ( 'MODEL 60'[IFD Actual] ),
                USERELATIONSHIP ( 'MODEL 60'[IFD Actual], 'Date 1'[Date] )
            )
    )
RETURN
    SUMX ( FILTER ( _VIRTUAL_TABLE, [Date] <= MAX ( 'Date 1'[Date] ) ), [TEST] )

In my sample, [Date] column in my table visual is from 'Date 1'. So the filter in sumx is [Date] (from virtual table) <= MAX('Date1'[Date]).

Note: We need to add the [Date] column in table visual in Max field in sumx filter.

RicoZhou_0-1649839326984.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , with inactive join you need to create measure

calculate(countrows(table),
USERELATIONSHIP ( 'Table'[IFD Actual], DimDate[Date] )
)

calculate(countrows(table),
USERELATIONSHIP ( 'Table'[IFD Planned], DimDate[Date] )
)

https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in-power-bi

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @amitchandak , thanks a lot for your reply, I tried as you indicated but it doens't work properly:5.PNGEDIT: I analysed carefully the problem and in the Userelationship I have to use IFD Actual and not IFD Planned as I did, the problem is that with IFD Actual , due to the filter that I'm using, the final graph is empty. So I have to find another way to do the same thing that the filter does 6.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

7.PNGI'm close, I need only that the IFD actual count has a cumulative function

Hi @Anonymous ,

I suggest you to create a virtual table in var and then calculate the running total.

My measure:

IFD_Actual = 
VAR _VIRTUAL_TABLE =
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        ALL ( 'Date 1' ),
        "TEST",
            CALCULATE (
                COUNT ( 'MODEL 60'[IFD Actual] ),
                USERELATIONSHIP ( 'MODEL 60'[IFD Actual], 'Date 1'[Date] )
            )
    )
RETURN
    SUMX ( FILTER ( _VIRTUAL_TABLE, [Date] <= MAX ( 'Date 1'[Date] ) ), [TEST] )

In my sample, [Date] column in my table visual is from 'Date 1'. So the filter in sumx is [Date] (from virtual table) <= MAX('Date1'[Date]).

Note: We need to add the [Date] column in table visual in Max field in sumx filter.

RicoZhou_0-1649839326984.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.