Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merge Query Breaking Appended Query

Hi,

I am having multiple occurances of roughly the same issue with queries that are using Business Central as a data source. Though I don't think the data source is the issue.

I have appended two queries with perfectly matching table structure. Query 1 has 238 rows and Query 2 has 221 rows. So I should get a new query with 459 rows. Instead I either get a query with 476 rows, which consists of Query 1 appended to itself. Or I get a query with 442 rows, which consists of Query 2 appended to itself.

This is strange by itself, but if I refresh the data I get the proper appended query with 459 rows. 

But if I take this new appended query and add try to add a merge to it, the merge will always try to be applied to 476 rows. And after the merge, no amount of refreshing will get me a query with 459 rows.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing before? What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those interested, the issue appears to be due to the fact that the default operation that a Merge does is a nested query.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Please can you attach the pbix file or share by https://uploadfiles.io/ for example?

Thanks,

CM

Anonymous
Not applicable

The pbix contains very sensitive client information and cannot be shared.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For those interested, the issue appears to be due to the fact that the default operation that a Merge does is a nested query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors