Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

charbaugh
Helper I
Helper I

Merge Queries results in [DataFormat.Error] We couldn't parse the input provided as date value

I've seen multiple posts about the error, but the soutions on those don't appear to be my problem.  I have a table that has sales information and includes a date field (verified it is date type using the right locale).  I'm merging that table with the date reference table in order to have the Fiscal Year and Period columns in the sales table.  When I merge the queries, I get the above referenced error when applying.  I've made sure no blanks in the date columns and they are both formatted as date type with the same locale.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guys, I apreciate you trying to help.  I realized that it would take less time to just add the date columns into the table instead of trying to relate it to the date table.  not the most elegant way to get the result, but it worked.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @charbaugh ,

The issue seems to be caused by the date format mismatch. Could you please change the date type of date field in sales information as "Locale"? In addition, please provide the screenshot of that 2 merged tables(include table structures, merged fields and some data )? It is better if you can provide your sample PBIX file(exclude sensitive data) in order to make troubleshooting...

locale.jpg

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yiruan-msft  I have already ensured the type by using the same steps you suggested and continue to have the same issue.

My data is packed full of sensitive data.  It will take some time to create a fake dataset that I can share out, but I will work on that.

Hi  @charbaugh ,

Thanks for preparing the mockup PBIX file, then I will wait that file to make troubleshooting...

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Guys, I apreciate you trying to help.  I realized that it would take less time to just add the date columns into the table instead of trying to relate it to the date table.  not the most elegant way to get the result, but it worked.

Hi @charbaugh,

So the problem has been resolved by adding another date column? If yes, could you please mark your last post as Answered, then the other member in community can find it easily if they face the similar problem with you. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.