Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FatherTheWizard
Resolver I
Resolver I

Merge Queries Expand - Ends with Expression.Error cannot apply operator & to types Number and Number

Hi,

How is it possible that my merge query ends with the above mentioned error? I understand that error when creating custom columns but this is new to me. The reference in the error (see details below) is to the the Query from which I am trying to gather new columns (right table). Both of the the key fields are "text" and I am only trying to add columns which are also in text format.

An error occurred in the ‘D1 - Department’ query. Expression.Error: We cannot apply operator & to types Number and Number.
Details:
Operator=&
Left=1
Right=5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FatherTheWizard
Resolver I
Resolver I

I solved the problem.

The Query which caused the problem was initially appended from two other queries with the same columns but I haven't had removed the PBI's automatic "Changed type" step which is why the other one of the appended queries still had some Number formated columns. After I changed those columns to text (or actually just removed the automatic Changed type) this whole process worked.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FatherTheWizard
Resolver I
Resolver I

I solved the problem.

The Query which caused the problem was initially appended from two other queries with the same columns but I haven't had removed the PBI's automatic "Changed type" step which is why the other one of the appended queries still had some Number formated columns. After I changed those columns to text (or actually just removed the automatic Changed type) this whole process worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.