Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shuwyyyy
Advocate I
Advocate I

Memory run out issues in power bi desktop

Hi All,

I am getting report ran out of memory in Power BI desktop while loading 1.4 M records.

What is reason behind this error.

Could some one help me on this.

Memory run out error.PNG

Thanks and Reagards,

Pratima

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shuwyyyy
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello Everyone,

I resolved the memory run out issues ,after removing the all descriptive type column in the Table visualisation .

Thanks everyone for your support.

Cheers,

Pratima

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shuwyyyy
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello Everyone,

I resolved the memory run out issues ,after removing the all descriptive type column in the Table visualisation .

Thanks everyone for your support.

Cheers,

Pratima

I have the same issue as well.  After updating the March 2020 update all my dashboards created earlier fails to run (in published mode).  After saving it, it fails to open giving me the same error.  Created support calls with Microsoft and heard from them that they are working on the solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Shuwyyyy ,

I think your PowerBI desktop Have more Cache Memory, So you can clear cache once then you can try.

here, ICapture.JPG am sharing my screenshot how to clear cache in powerBi desktop.

Cache Clear.PNGThank you Naveen for the quick reply even i have tried this but still am getting the same Naveen

Anonymous
Not applicable

no help im afraid but i am also getting th error message. Tried clearing cache. Only just updated to Aug version, jumped from March version, hopefully this isn't the issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having the same problem here, since I passed from September to October Version, Power bi don't want to open some report (which worked perfectly before) and crash oftenly on some other report (like 10 times a days)

I can't work like that, i think the solution is to go back to your previous version when it happens.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors