Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frenchtom811
Resolver I
Resolver I

Memory problem when using a Matrix

Hi folks!  I am using a matrix to display gross margin % (a calculated measure) by quarter for the top N number of products ranked by total revenue.  N is a user selected value between 1 and 25.  I am getting the following error on the matrix when trying to display the above information.  When I change the matrix to a table of any other kind of visual I do not get the memory problem although choosing a table as the visual requires about 20 seconds to refresh.   

How can I make the Matrix work for me or reduce the memory required to poulate it?  I have already minimized my data table as much as possible.

Thanks!

Frenchtom811_0-1633028305627.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Frenchtom811 ,

Could you please share your PBIX file without sensitive data? Because it may have something to do with your model or the measures you created.

Best Regards,
Winniz

mattww
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Frenchtom811, are you able to screenshot your data model? What's the size of the table involved in columns/rows?

Hi @mattw , do you mean a screen grab of the dashboard?  If yes I can do that but I need to hide proprietary info first.

Hi @Frenchtom811 , yeah that's fair enough about your data privacy. The more information you can safely give, the better as the issue you're encountering can be very specific to each data model and source. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.