Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Medida de Texto

Hola,

Tengo una tabla A con una variedad de productos de Mi Empresa, y una tabla B que recopila los precios de la competencia para cada producto de mi tabla A (para cada producto hay un total de 4-5 registros de precio diferente x competidor).

En el Desktop creé la siguiente tabla, que me compara por producto, MI precio vs el MIN de la competencia.

La medida del Mín está calculada OK, pero necesito que en la misma tabla me refleje cuál es el competidor asociado a ese Precio Min calculado. En principio lo que hice fue poner el campo "Competidor" de la tabla B en la tabla del desktop, pero por lo que veo al hacer esto NO me trae el nombre del competidor asociado al pr Mín, sino que me refleja el primer competidor que encuentra en la tabla B asociado al producto (no necesariamente es el de menor precio).

Cómo puedo resolver esto?

Hay una medida que me traiga el nombre del competidor cuyo precio es el min??

Gracias!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create the following two measure:

Min. Competitors Price = CALCULATE(MIN(tableB[Price]),FILTER(ALL(tableB),tableB[Product] = MAX(tableA[Product])))

Min. Competitor = VAR a = [Min. Competitors Price] return CALCULATE(VALUES(tableB[Competitor]),tableB[Price] = a)

Capture2.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

I think Rank should be able to help you, Ascending rank on price can give rank 1 for the lowest price. You may need to create a category or subcategory rank.

For Rank Refer these links
https://radacad.com/how-to-use-rankx-in-dax-part-2-of-3-calculated-measures
https://radacad.com/how-to-use-rankx-in-dax-part-1-of-3-calculated-columns
https://radacad.com/how-to-use-rankx-in-dax-part-3-of-3-the-finale
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Dynamic-TopN-made-easy-with-What-If-Parameter/ba-p/367415

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak 

Lets say this is my table A:

ProductMy Price

A

B53
C70

And this is my table B (related with A by "Product")

ProductCompetitorPrice
ACOMPETITOR 198
ACOMPETITOR 2103
BCOMPETITOR 155
BCOMPETITOR 253

The result I want is the following:

ProductMy priceMin. Competitors PriceMin. Competitor
A10098COMPETITOR 1
B5353COMPETITOR 2

I have created de "Min. Price" Measure and its OK, but I am having problems with displaying WHICH competitor is the one with the min. price for each product (the last column).

Hope this is more clear.

Thanx

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create the following two measure:

Min. Competitors Price = CALCULATE(MIN(tableB[Price]),FILTER(ALL(tableB),tableB[Product] = MAX(tableA[Product])))

Min. Competitor = VAR a = [Min. Competitors Price] return CALCULATE(VALUES(tableB[Competitor]),tableB[Price] = a)

Capture2.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dedmon,

Me again.

The measure was very useful but now Im having the following issue.

Lets say I have a product C,

My price: 100

Min Competitors price: 90

The thing is there are two different competitors with the price $90 (Competitor 3 and 4)

In this case the measure doesnt work because apparently, it expects only one result.

How can I make it work? 

It doesnt need to show both competitors names, but at least identify one.

Thanks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dedmon, @v-deddai1-msft 

Me again.

The measure was very useful but now Im having the following issue.

Lets say I have a product C,

My price: 100

Min Competitors price: 90

The thing is there are two different competitors with the price $90 (Competitor 3 and 4)

In this case the measure doesnt work because apparently, it expects only one result.

How can I make it work? 

It doesnt need to show both competitors names, but at least identify one.

Thanks!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.