Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Median lines not affected by slicer

Hi everyone,

I have a scatter chart which shows median lines to divide the results up into four quadrants (the median lines are at approx. 3.9 on the performance axis and 2.7 on the importance axis):

Full graph.PNG

In addition to this I also have a slicer that then only selects certain groups of data points based on topic. The problem is that when I apply the slicer it then moves the median lines relative to the newly selected data (now at approx. 4.05 on the performance axis and 2.65 on the importance axis):

Sliced graph.PNG

Is there a way to setup the graph so that the sliced results still show up using the original median lines from the unsliced graph?

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can't reproduce your scenario. When I filter on slicer, median line will dynamic changes based on selection. Can you please share some sample data for test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks for having a look. I was also getting the same results - I'm trying to get it to not change the median line after slicing. I basically want the sliced results to be judged based on the medians of the full data set, not a set of newly calculated medians that only relate to the sliced data.

Hope this makes sense!

Hi @Anonymous ,

So you means you want median line not effected by slicer/filters, right? If this is a case, you can write a measure formula with all function to ignore current filters, then use this measure as median line, it should not affected by slicers.

Managing “all” functions in DAX: ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLNOBLANKROW, ALLEXCEPT
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xiaoxin,

I am having the same problem.  I have a measure that defines the x axis for a scatter plot.  I am using the all() function in my measure to keep one of the slicers from affecting the value.  The median lines still move.  I believe my measure is correct as the x axis value for my scatter plots are not moving.  Only the median line moves.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.