Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prashasti
Frequent Visitor

Median Calculation in Table Visualization

Hello All,

I have a table which has iteration and points covered in each iteration as shown below. I need to group the table as shown in figure 2. The second table contains distinct iterations and total points covered in that iteration. I have calculated the median and percent(Divided total points of each iteration by the median calculated) as follows:

Capture.PNG

Media =
MEDIANX (
    SUMMARIZE ( Data, Data[Iteration] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Data[Points] ) )
)
Percent =
DIVIDE ( SUM ( Data[Points] ), CALCULATE ( [Media], ALLSELECTED ( Data ) ) )

In my actual table there are many iterations and I need to display the top 6 iterations and get the score for them. The above calculation works if ALL(Data) is used instead of ALLSELECTED(Data). However, in my graph visualization(Custom Column Chart), upon selecting a particular iteration,the value of percent changes to 1 for all iterations. 

Capture2.PNG Capture1.PNG

Hoping you could help out here.

Thanks,

Prashasti

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prashasti,

Actually, current you can use table/matrix visual to 'highlight' interaction with other charts.(it seems like power bi not support to use other visual to highlight table/matrix visuals records)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi  @Prashasti

I'm not sure I understand the issue correctly but, isn't that what you would expect? If you select one of the iterations, the ALLSELECTED() in the denominator of your [Percent]  measure restricts the [media] measure to only the selected iteration. Therefore [Percent] is 100%, since numerator and denominator yield the same.

What result were you expecting? What would you like to see when selecting only one iteration?

Prashasti
Frequent Visitor

Hi @AlB,

I need the percent to remain 0.33 as I'm using this to calculate a measure. I'm then using this measure to get the average with other measures. But When I filter based on iterations, the percent here changes, thereby resulting in a wrong score. I need to know if there's an alternative to AllSelected() or can I create a copy of this table which only has the top 10 values of iterations so that I can use All() on this copy of the table to get the expected result. 

Hope this makes the issue clear. 

Thanks,

Prashasti

Hi @Prashasti

I'm still not very clear but if you need all the iterations to be taken into account in the denominator of [Percent] then you should use ALL() instead of ALLSELECTED()

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors