Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bando
Frequent Visitor

Measuring the number of minutes between two dates to calculate uptime per month?

If I have a service or a server that has been online since 1st Jan 2017 00:00:00 and went down  2nd Feb 2017 02:00:00 it's easy to calculate the number of minutes in between the two dates using dax. But how do I calculate the number of minutes that the service was up in January and the number of minutes it was up in February?

I'm trying to calculate a service availability calculation in Power BI with a table of data for multiple services linked to a calendar table.  It as if I need to create some sort of calculated column in the calendar table that will accumlate the minutes per day each service was up for. Can anyone shed any light on this if I'm making sense that is?

pbi query.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Bando

You can reference the solution in this Time calculations - Hours per month over different periods , it is very similar to your case.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Bando

You can reference the solution in this Time calculations - Hours per month over different periods , it is very similar to your case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.