Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures from two sources will not display together.

I've got two sources of data. when combining the result of their measure, the excel data drops off the visualization.

Does anyone know why that is?

Example:

1st source is from Dynamics Business Central

Dynamics = sum(sales[total])  (100.00)

2nd source is from Excel

Excel = sum(sales[total])  (100.00)

Result = [Dynamics] + [Excel]   

The result should be 200.00, but the visualization only shows the $100.00 from the Dynamics side.

5 REPLIES 5
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous ,

Are these two tables related?

Cheers!
Vivek

https://www.vivran.in/
Connect on LinkedIn

Anonymous
Not applicable

They're connected to the dates table, and they have an indirect relationship through the value entries table.

Shared Table:

Dynamics 'OpensalesOrders'[orderdate]--> Dates[dates] < --Excel'PostingDate'[Date]

Indirect:

Dynamics: 'OpenSalesOrders'[Salespeople]   <--   'Salespeople'[Salespeople] --> 'Value Entries'[DocNO] <--   'GL'[DocNO] --> 'Excel'[DocNO]

I noticed that one measure shows up like this in the formal bar [Total] and another one shows up like this 'Excel'[Total]

e.g. Combined total = [total] + 'Excel'[total]

All my other measures show:     Combined total = [total] + [total]  and they're all from the same data source (Dynamics) the only foreign table is the Excel file.

Hi, @Anonymous 

Not very clear. Can you click here to share your  model  view?

22.png

In fact , sample data/pbix file  will make it easier for us to understand and  solve your problem.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the help with this. I've created this sample PBIX file for you guys to tinker with.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c9m-x6BIdqXHZOsnwYdjWR51YKwG1P-a

@Anonymous how you are visualizing the data, if you are visualizing on date dimension then it should you correctly. Can you share sample data along with the relationship diagram and also how you are visualizing the data. There are many factors why it is not working or giving weird results.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.